Monday, January 14, 2008

Clarity

It is becoming more and more clear to me that we live with nothing but our thoughts. "I want," "I need"--thoughts of non-completion (incompleteness? Help me here ... ). "I love this." "I love you." Ahhhh, now here are some thoughts to rest in, to fall into ...

"I am fine."

"You are fine."

"This is fine."

What can we do about any of it, anyway? Really?

Life goes on despite our decisions and worries and concerns. Mostly having very little--if anything!--to do with any kind of plan or picture of what we thought life would be like. It's just going, flowing. It is stuck in traffic. It is wife leaving us for another man. It is husband being judgmental. It is mother-in-law being worried. It is child throwing tantrum, becoming drug addict.

It is all these "terrible" things.

When we no longer care (or rather, when we care deeply about our peace of mind instead) the judgment begins to slow down ... and then it stops. And then we realize, oh, You are Me. Hey, great, it's fantastic that you are:

boring me with details
having an affair
not going to pay me the money you borrowed

What do I care when I am in love with Life
and Life

has started

to love

me

back!




( ... the view beyond my judgment is
just
so much
better

and I can't even imagine
what lies
beyond
That!)

1 comment:

deniselanducci@gmail.com said...

Hi, Ami, I used to read "Clarity" regularly...I printed it out and carried it with me so I could read it and be reminded of the view beyond judgement. I lost the paper, the poem and my connection to the feeling for awhile. Just now, I've got it back! Thank you! Lots of love, Denise Landucci